Mo asks Dennis Baltz: If you could go back in time and record a video around business development to send to your younger self, what would it say?
- Dennis would say “It’s not that deep” Business development can be simple.
- Trust yourself and start sooner. Dennis spent the first 15 years getting the expertise he thought he needed to be able to sell, but you can start helping people much sooner than that.
- Business development as a discipline is something that’s missing for young people. We need to help organizations teach that business development is not scary.
- Using the whole brain approach to helping people is key.
- Connecting with people doesn’t have to be hard. Dennis will frequently stop and record a quick video to send to someone just to stay in touch and let them know they were thinking of them. Videos allow you to be authentic, and that can’t be replicated with other tools like email.