Mo asks Kevin Clem: If you could record a business development focused video and send it back to your past self, what would it be?
- One of the biggest lessons that Kevin has learned in his career is that people want to connect and it’s okay to make the big ask.
- If you’ve built the relationship, it’s okay to ask about working together. In many cases, your clients are looking for people that can help solve their problems. They might say no, and that’s okay, but if they say yes, you have an opportunity to work with someone sooner than you would otherwise.
- How you ask matters. Make it clear that working together is a way for the other person to win.
- Selling is an act of service. Some of the greatest leaders in the history of humanity were servant leaders.
- Know your prospect’s goals, and make your ask by referencing what they are trying to achieve.