Mo asks Marty Fagan: If you could record a video about growth or Business Development, and send it back to your younger self, what would you say?
- First thing is to be authentic. If you truly are authentic, people can pick up on that. And if you're not authentic, they can pick up on that as well.
- If you’re talking to someone and you don’t think your solution is a good fit, don’t sell it to them.
- Closing the sale no matter what may work in the short-term, but it’s a terrible strategy in the long-term.
- The second thing is to have a passion for the solution you are offering to your customers. People pick up on your passion, which contributes to that feeling of authenticity.
- Having passion and authenticity establishes trust, and that trust needs to be in place to have a conversation result in a closed deal.
- If you’ve developed a deep expertise, it’s okay to be excited about it and convey that energy to people.
Mentioned in this Episode: