In this episode of Real Relationships Real Revenue, I sat down with Polina Marinova Pompliano to talk about her new book Hidden Genius and how she takes the biographies of the most successful people and weaves them together into themes so that we can learn from the best thinkers of the world.
Polina Marinova Pompliano is the author of HIDDEN GENIUS and the founder of The Profile, a media organization that studies successful people and companies.
Previously, she spent five years at FORTUNE where she covered technology and venture capital. As the author and editor of Term Sheet, FORTUNE’s industry-leading dealmaking newsletter, Polina interviewed the industry’s most influential dealmakers, including Melinda Gates, Steve Schwarzman, Chamath Palihapitiya, and more.
Topics We Cover in This Episode:
- Polina’s journey to where she is now
- Why Polina has a fascination with learning from other people
- The importance of mental toughness when striking up relationships with new clients
- The personification of pain and how it can help us grow
- How we can reframe our thoughts on failure
- The power of taking action and reaching out to people, despite your fear
- Tips for creating healthy relationships
- Why it’s the mundane things that make your life extraordinary
- Little things you can do for your clients to keep the magic alive
- Why it’s the motivation behind your actions that really matters when it comes to building relationships
- The difference between an audience and a community
- Ways to create your community
- The systems that Polina uses to capture and catalog everything that she learns
- Why you should tie your identity to your own name only
- How Polina handles her setbacks
I hope you enjoyed this conversation with Polina! Her desire to learn is incredible and she has so much valuable advice she can share because of it. I highly recommend you check out her book Hidden Genius so that you can learn more from her and the best of the best. You can also check out her website here.
If you want to get a copy of the Grow Big Playbook, you can get that here.