Mo asks Nathan Barry: How do we hack our own habits to keep building their audience?
- The most important thing you can do is do it consistently. Anywhere you can find leverage and compound returns are crucial to your long term success. This is where habits come in.
- Creating content is a long term game and if you only do it for a few months you’re not going to see a lot of traction. Nathan uses an app called Streaks to track his habits and his chain of accomplished actions every week, including sending a newsletter every week, writing every day, exercising and practicing the piano every day.
- If there is something that you want to get compound gains from, do it every day, even if it’s only for 10 or 20 minutes.
- It’s consistent effort over a long period of time that is going to get you the results you want.
- If you break your streak, that’s okay. Just don’t miss twice.
Mentioned in this Episode: