Mo asks Alisa Cohn: What’s your best advice around how we can deepen relationships with clients and our internal team?
- First of all, recognize that what you want to and need to do is deepen relationships. It starts with the mindset. We don’t make anything important until we make it important.
- Build relationships with the people you work with one by one. Start with listening to how they approach the world and tailor your style to that.
- People prefer real talk, not stilted conversation. Good questions can be the spark you need to ignite deeper conversations.
- When you stay present in a conversation and listen deeply, they can feel the energy and you become more attractive to them. Follow up questions are very effective at taking a relationship to a deeper level.
- A great place to start is to ask “What are you most excited about today?” People love to talk about that kind of thing and almost no one ever asks it. For Alisa, she’s most excited about the imminent publishing of her new book, From Start-up to Grown-up.
Mentioned in this Episode: