Mo asks Nathan Barry: How do you deepen relationships with an email list?
- When you first meet someone, your relationship is initially pretty shallow. Nathan likes to take as much information about himself and include that into his email sequence because that allows people to get a glimpse of who he is.
- Being authentic, open, and direct is a way you can help people get to know you and instill that vital trust.
- Any stories that you can teach and share are going to help someone who is following along feel like they can trust you.
- It’s also important to take your prospect on a journey where they are learning about you consistently over time while you are delivering value to them. An email course is a great tool to accomplish this.
- As a blogger or content creator, you can turn your best content into email content and use it as the basis of your email course. You can make sure thatyour prospect gets to know you at a set cadence over time and has already consumed your best content.
- By automating this kind of a sequence, you get leverage and scale so the hours you put to create the client onboarding system payoff considerably in the future.
- The most common place people struggle when building an audience is in being too broad. People are usually trying to solve a specific problem, so the more you can create content around that specific problem the more effective the hook in bringing people into your audience.
- The sequence of content also trains people to open your emails. If your content is good, you drastically increase the odds of them opening your next email.
- Great content also shapes the person’s questions and mindset for what they should be thinking about once they do get on a call with you.
- The trouble with creating content is that it can be very time consuming, and this is why the automation is so important for leveraging and scaling the work you are putting in.
- A common concern is that if you give away too much for free that no one will hire you, but the opposite is actually true. The more they learn, the more likely to realize how complicated what you do can be and understand that they need to hire a professional.
- If you’ve already been serving clients, you’ve probably already been doing half the work to create these kinds of assets that can work for you in the long term.
Mentioned in this Episode: