Mo asks Mitch Joel: What’s your best advice for professionals to deepen long-term relationships?
- People will not leave a relationship, even if they are paying you more than someone else, if they like you. Get people to like you in a way that’s authentic and genuine and clearly has their best interests at heart.
- Don’t identify as a dinosaur. Excuses like “I can’t understand this” or “I don’t do social” are holding you back. We are all dealing with fatigue and overwork, but having the dinosaur mindset is a choice.
- Technology has made content and communication very easy to accomplish and inexpensive to implement. There are no excuses.
- Take an hour and learn how a piece of technology or app works so that you can do it yourself. Mitch may get old and grey, but he will never become a dinosaur.
- Networking is great for creating and deepening relationships. Proactively fill your calendar with ways to connect with new people. As an example, Mitch takes his morning walks on Instagram and invites people to “walk” with him.
- Networking has to be something that you’re doing all the time.
Mentioned in this Episode: