Mo asks Todd Henry: What is your #1 tip to deepen relationships?
- If something is important to you, it becomes a priority. We need to start treating relationships as investments rather than obligations.
- As we become successful professionals, we start to see relationships as more transactional and we need to change that perception.
- We need people in our life to reveal patterns that we can’t see, to speak truth to us, to help us see life through new eyes, and to inspire us, and we need to be that person for other people as well. Do you have anyone in your life that you meet with routinely to help each other become better?
- Especially with leadership, you need meaningful relationships in your life where people are willing to speak truth to you and preferably before the other person needs something from you.
- Be intentional about your relationships. A head-to-head is a good tactic to deepen one relationship at a time. The next time you meet with the person, share one new thing you’ve learned since the last time you met and have the other person do the same. This simple practice expands your capacity to see the world and helps you both be better at what you do.
Mentioned in this Episode: