Mo asks Kara Goldin: What can we do to create and close more opportunities? Look around at the unique opportunities that other people are not paying attention to.
Mo asks Kara Goldin: What can we do to create and close more opportunities?
- Look around at the unique opportunities that other people are not paying attention to. The key to being the best salesperson or business development person is always looking for a way to solve problems and thinking like the customer.
- Don’t be afraid to think differently and put yourself in the shoes of your customer so you can see their problems from their perspective.
- The key to understanding people is in understanding what they really want. What is the one thing that they care about most and how can you help them get it?
- Most business developers make the mistake of starting with themselves and what they want.
- Creating opportunities is fundamentally about listening to people and understanding what problem they want to solve. Kara is an incredibly curious person who likes to ask questions and this is how she finds the opportunity to help someone.
- Kara gains more inspiration by learning from other businesses outside her industry. She prefers to expose herself to new ideas and new approaches by purposely putting herself in situations where she’s going to learn something new.
- Just being a good person and doing what you do well every single day is how you attract more opportunities into your life. Acknowledging someone else’s problem and authentically trying to help them with it is the simple secret to success.
Mentioned in this Episode:
karagoldin.com - Get her book Undaunted