This week on Real Relationships Real Revenue, we are talking about preparing for business development meetings using a technique or method that we call Dynamic Meeting Prep, or DMP. I’m covering how to get in the right mindset, create goals, frame your meetings, prepare for anything, and use cliffhangers.
Topics We Cover in This Episode:
- How to think about client meetings
- Preparing for different scenarios
- Why you shouldn’t have multiple goals
- The reason why only one goal benefits you more
- Why framing your meetings is so important
- How to frame your meeting
- How the framing engages the other side
- Why you should be ready for anything
- Negative visualization and planning for things that go wrong
- Why curiosity is an intrinsic motivator
- How to use cliffhangers between meetings
It’s so important to prepare for these meetings ahead of time. Don’t fall into the trap of not preparing in advance for anything that might come up. You don’t want to practice what to say, you want to prepare for flexibility.
There are so many things that could happen in your meeting so you want to think about those different scenarios and segments of the meetings and what you do in each one. Make sure you have one goal only and use a cliffhanger to create excitement for your next meeting. These simple steps will drastically increase your chances of success.