In the last set of videos, we talked a lot about building strong relationships and we touched on adding value. This week on Real Relationships Real Revenue, we are going to be diving into the topic of adding value even more and how you can have a long-term mindset when it comes to relationships. We cover things like the Mere Exposure Effect, creating an asset list, asking for help, proper cadence, and tracking what you can.
Topics We Cover in This Episode:
- The Mere Exposure Effect
- Likability and frequency matter
- The importance of having systems for outreach
- Systems for collecting interesting things
- Creating an asset list
- Places to store your assets
- Why you shouldn’t hesitate to ask for help
- How the act of helping correlates with likeability
- Ways to ask for help or advice
- Why monthly is the perfect cadence for outreach
- How to add value each month
- Setting reminders
- How to disconnect from the outcome
- Adding value without expecting anything in return
- How to track what you can control
Don’t be afraid to become a collector of assets and really dive into adding value to your first among equals. Come up with a system to track the ways in which you are adding value and don’t make the mistake I see so many people make and give up too soon.
Studies show that people like you more when they see or interact with you often and they feel like they are helping you in some way. By creating systems to consistently reach out to people at the proper cadence and add value in unexpected and unpaid ways, you are sure to win and deepen that relationship. Remember, you don’t win when you get a reply, you win by simply offering the value. If you do this, you will be amazed at the results.