Mo asks Nathan Barry: What’s your big idea for growing a book of business, growing relationships, and growing a career?
- Nathan used to play video games and he likens having an audience and a newsletter to having the cheat codes for business. Having an engaged audience that you can push content to is incredibly powerful.
- Some platforms have followers, like social and blogging, and others allow you to push content in front of your audience. The push method puts you in control and makes those platforms much more valuable in achieving your business goals.
- Many professionals don’t think of an email list as a relevant tool for building a book of business, but if you have a list of the right people that want to hear from you it can definitely be a powerful asset.
- Even if you’re not selling something through your email list, you can still build the mind share and reputation with your audience that increases your value in their mind.
- Delivering value is key. When it comes to professional services, a cadence of once a month is more than sufficient and the important thing is quality over quantity when it comes to communication.
- The best approach is to augment your close relationships with the vital few and combine it with a larger audience where you are delivering content. Those people are your prospective clients and finding a communication method that has leverage is how you can scale relationships considerably.
- Content allows someone to get to know you on a deeper level, well before you ever talk to them in person or on a phone call.
Mentioned in this Episode: