Mo shares his insights from the habits of Josh Kaufman.
- Speaking the language of business seems obvious, but most people don’t realize how important this is to business development. Specifically speaking with your prospects’ words and language and understanding them on a deep level.
- Get out of the mindset that you speak internally because that can come off as jargon. Talking with the language of a client is a differentiator that will set you apart from other competitors. Adding that to every aspect of the business development process is an incredible advantage.
- Counterfactual questions like “what would have to be true for X to happen?” are great for opening up your thought process to possibilities. It’s also a great tool that you can use with clients in their business.
- Asking the right question can open the door to making it a reality. Use those kinds of questions to start a conversation that can create incredible results.
- We have unlimited opportunities as humans, but we have limited time. We need a mechanism that catalogs the opportunities available to us and a system to triage the ones you are going to focus on.
- It’s okay to say no to some ideas so that you can say yes to the ideas that will make a major impact.
Mentioned in this Episode: