Mo shares his insights from the habits of Mitch Joel.
- Most professionals don’t yet understand the power of digital communication and thought starters.
- By creating those digital assets you start to become attractive. People start sharing and want more of your content, and those people become predisposed to working with you.
- It doesn’t matter who you are or what your expertise is, you have a brand and you have things you want people to know about you.
- Pick a medium of communication that works for you, then identify your Triangle of Attention. What are three things that are unique to you that you can share information about?
- Pick a publishing schedule that’s consistent and stick with it. Our brains love patterns and consistency is the key.
- The format and style depends on you and what you’re comfortable with. You don’t have to create long form podcasts if that doesn’t fit your style. If you’re not sure what your style might be, ask yourself whether you would be excited to create something like that.
- Look at news and current events through the lens of your Triangle of Attention. This becomes the basis for your unique voice.
- Once you have those first two things established, pick a publishing cadence and stick to it. Deadlines can have the additional benefit of forcing you to act and become better over time.
- This digital marketing strategy is a great way to build your book of business because digital assets keep paying off over time and most professionals are not doing enough in this arena right now.
Mentioned in this Episode: