Mo shares his insights from the habits of Shawn Blanc.
- You need to have a plan around business development. A great business developer has a roadmap and knows what they are focused on over time.
- Great rainmakers not only have an annual plan, but they also have it broken down into monthly, weekly, and daily tasks.
- When everything is mapped out, you can evaluate opportunities accurately against your plan and understand what is worth your time. Without the plan, you are probably just saying yes to everything that comes your way.
- Margin can be applied to the four areas of how we think. If you’re feeling stressed about your metrics, you need to expand your pipeline. If you feel stressed about deadlines, you need to pull back and create space to do your best work. If you don’t feel like you have any goodwill left in your relationships, you need to add margin by giving back. For strategy, you need to get down to three main focuses and measure against them.
- If you feel like you don’t have the time to make a plan, that’s the signal that you need a plan. Start with looking at what you can delegate or eliminate to free up time so you can come up with a plan and create margin in your strategy.
- If you don’t take the time to slow down and breathe, your body will force you to eventually.
Mentioned in this Episode: