Mo asks Warren Shiver: What’s your favorite science, step, or story from the Snowball System or GrowBIG training?
- Warren has been working with Mo during the early days of the GrowBIG training and has been a big fan of the Protemoi list and the step-by-step opportunity process.
- The first part of the opportunity process is listening and learning. Being able to repeat it back to the prospect and proving that they’ve been heard is how you earn the right to go to the next step.
- Weekly, monthly, or quarterly sales targets influence behaviors that always align with the listen-and-learn process. The opportunity process doesn’t require more time, but it does require an emphasis on patience, understanding, and a collaborative approach. Many companies are still struggling with the more rigid, linear mindset of selling.
- Clients don’t want to hear your language or why your company is awesome. You should approach the sales cycle with a fresh-eyes mindset and assume the position of someone just getting started solution-wise.
- Earned Dogmatism is a proven mental heuristic that states the more we believe we have an expertise in some area, the more close-minded we become.
- The Protemoi list is a mental framework that can pay off at any time. Think about the relationships that might be important to you tomorrow, and the frequency of staying in touch that keeps those relationships alive.
- The first step of the Protemoi list is to write it down. Warren uses a spreadsheet to keep track of his list, and one of his weekly MIT’s is to always check in with the people on his list.
- It’s okay for people to drop off. Depending on the situation, Warren reaches out weekly or monthly to stay in touch in any way he can that adds value.
- Warren looks for interesting articles that he can send people or whatever way he can connect with someone on the list that makes sense.
- The Protemoi list also scales to a team or organizational level. You should be having all your people working to build trust and the relationship along the way.
Mentioned in this Episode: