Mo asks Katrina Johnson: What is your personal definition of business development?
- Katrina likes helping people. For her, business development is about cultivating opportunities to help people.
- Business development doesn’t always have a great reinforcement mechanism, but having a process established makes it much more consistent.
- Creating a habit around communication that makes it simpler, more meaningful, and consistent is what has helped Katrina stay the course.
- Using the tools and communication methods that your client uses is crucial. Katrina tries to make her communications quick and useful when touching base with someone and on whatever platform works for them. Lots of little touches can be extremely powerful relationship builders.
- Katrina carves out time on Mondays to reach out to people, but she also has notes on her calendar and a Protemoi list that help her keep track of communications. Just having a list of names of the most important people to you can be enough to encourage you to take action.
Mentioned in this Episode: